Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Technology to Promote Learning in the Classroom

It has been a few years since I updated my blog page. In 2007, I was pursuing my initial degree to become a teacher. Now, I am a teacher and working on a M.S. in Education through Walden University. My current studies are in adolescent literacy and technology. Currently, technology is incorporated into lessons and learning in the classroom. It is my goal to gain expertise in integrating technology in all areas of teaching and learning. Young people are already connected to technology in many ways outside the classroom. Why not make technology part of their learning? As an educator, I see the importance of inspiring my students to learn in ways that interest them. My students get excited when they get to use technology to complete their projects, do research, or make a creative presentation for the class. They also seem to enjoy interactive activities on the computer and using the Promethean Board. Technology is one of the best ways I can think of to promote learning in the classroom.

3 comments:

tarebare said...

Hi Alisha!
Integrating technology into the classroom is a bit like learning a new language. Our students were born into this new language, and we have to work just a little harder to accommodate for the new technologies. It's all really exciting stuff!

Alisha C said...

Hi Tara,

You're right, integrating technology in the classroom is like "learning a new language." As teachers, our willingness to embrace technology and new ideas in the classroom will make the process more efficient. It is worth the effort to engage students in learning that is relevant to their world. Those we teach have been surrounded by technology from toys to computers and cell phones. If a teacher desires his or her students to embrace learning, then using technology as a teaching tool should be considered.

Donna said...

Hi Alisha, your blog is great. You've got a lot of interesting information here that I plan to explore further. I found an article I would like to put on my blog to share with all...how do I do that? Thanks. Donna